The Pigeoning Robin Frohardt
The Pigeoning is produced through the HERE Artist Residency Program (HARP), which provides commissions, development and full production support. Additional support provided by the Jim Henson Foundation, St. Ann's Puppet Lab, and The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust and the Pittsburgh International Festival of Firsts, with residency support from NACL.
The Pigeoning played from December 3 - 22, 2013 in the Dorothy B. Williams Theatre.
About the show
Frank is an office worker living in New York in the early 80’s who is obsessed with cleanliness and order. Plagued by pigeons in the park, Frank starts to believe they are plotting against him. A darkly comedic yet heartfelt adventure, The Pigeoning, spins articulate puppetry, live music, video and lo-fi special effects into an epic tale about obsessive compulsion and the illusion of safety and control in the context of the end of the world.
A Dream Music Puppetry Production
Creator/Director: Robin Frohardt
Composer: Freddi Price
Production Manager: Josh Parkin-Ring
Assistant designer: Erica Livingston
Lighting Design: Heather Sparling
- ““Frohardt and company have been finessing their piece for years, and the result is something extraordinarily integrated, burnished to a high gloss. “ ”
- — Helen Shaw, Time Out New York
- “"The Pigeoning is an absolute must-see show that is family-friendly" ”
- — Sonia Roberts, Theater Pizzazz!
- “"...the production takes ever larger flights of fantasy, which push the possibilities of puppetry to its dizzying, dazzling edge. You’re going to want to go down this rabbit hole." ”
- — Rochelle Denton, nytheater now