Lush Valley Kristin Marting & Mahayana Landowne & Tal Yarden
With additional support from the NYSCA Individual Artists Program, Literary Managers and Dramaturgs of the Americas, Baruch College, NACL, and Voice & Vision. Production design support provided by The Edith Lutyens and Norman Bel Geddes Design Enhancement Fund, a program of the Alliance of Resident Theatres/New York (A.R.T./New York).
Lush Valley played from Sept 8-24, 2011 in the Mainstage Theatre.
About the show
An interactive live art event, Lush Valley invites audience members to abandon their spectator hats and become key players in shaping an alternative national ethos through real-time video interviews, citizenship tests, lectures, voting and historical hallucinations. Have a hand in building Lush Valley, your own idyllic-yet-realizable society, and rediscover this country as the home of differences.
Checkout the preview in Time Out New York.
Created by Kristin Marting, Mahayana Landowne, Tal Yarden & the creative ensemble
Original and Adapted Text by Robert Lyons
& Qui Nyguen
Direction by Kristin Marting
Video by Tal Yarden
Dramaturgy by Mahayana Landowne
Design by Oana Botez-Ban, Clint Ramos,
& Jane Shaw
Featuring Marc Bovino*, Irene Longshore, Rudy Mungaray, Mariana Newhard, Abigail Ramsay, Suzi Takahashi, Dax Valdes, Reed Whitney, & Karyn De Young
*Appears courtesy of Actors Equity Association
- “This could very well be the most ambitious and powerful show of the fall...”
- — The L Magazine
- “Playing the Lush Valley immigration game can be a lot of fun, like a Hasbro adventure in three dimensions.”
- — Jason Fitzgerald, Back Stage
- “...at a moment of political and economic disarray, it is heartening to see such a team of downtown theater heavyweights tackling the subject of nationalism so directly...”
- — Will Fulton, nytheatre.com